20140708

Infinity Terrain Part 3



So in regards to painting my buildings, if the Yu Jing where building a cheap housing estate for people they don’t really care about, and also thinking realistically about how buildings are build, they would have built them out of concrete. Because of this my plan is to undercoat all the buildings in a grey concrete like colour, and as you can see I’ve done that:


Black inside (which you can't see) just to
seal/prevent the MDF smell….mmmm MDF…
The other thing I wanted to do was have the signs and doors to be metal, and since there’s no real maintenance going on here in this housing estate (because why waste money on second class citizens?!), I wanted to be able to do a rust effect later which meant painting them in a rust red colour.

The general plan is:
·         Doors to be a plain metal colour, with some rust coming through mostly around the bottom
·         Signs to be colourful, but likewise have rust coming through, and the posts to be the same metal colour as the doors
·         Buildings to come in 4 different colours. Only the walls of the buildings will get colours, while the stairs and the roof will remain grey. I want to have bare concrete showing through around the bottom of the building, and randomly across the walls (but not too much!)


But I noticed something wrong when I put everything out for display:

Also threw in my Necro scatter that fits best with Infinity...IE barrels


I still have a fire lane issue, I found 4 major ones when I set this up


My board wasn’t looking very slum like and more Industrial park like…dang!!!
So I could probably fix this with some custommeeple street signs (Infinity official too!), but then I realised (oh I’m still going to get them) that I’m ok with this, as I think it fits better with the fluff.

Infinity is a game about black ops, so you would expect raids at facilities and etc over a fire fight in a busy suburb area (unless it’s an ISS shake down, or shenanigans on Paradisio…). So I’m ok with this!

Cheers!
dulydude

2 comments:

  1. Get some vehicles, young man! Some junked out cars on blocks screams slums, as does Car Seats as outdoor furniture. Trash barrel fires with some detritus on corners(trash that is never getting picked up) would do nicely as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think i needed to get some more specific scatter, such as the warsenal bus stop; and I do need some vehicles, esp for those epic fire lanes i have issues with!!!

      wonder if i can get those ruined cars from Mars Attacks...

      Delete