20150112

Infinity; N2 to N3 and future plans



I love my girlfriend. For Christmas this year she got me the new Infinity N3 rule book and Yojimbo(ooooo), meaning (I think) I now have every JSA model (bar a few REMs). This is awesome! However with the release of N3 it has bought through an interesting change to things…

And the Combat Company, who she ordered it through, gave me some free dice!!!
…there is a distinct lack of JSA profiles in N3 currently! Seriously all we have are ninjas, Saito and Mumashi! Flip side ninjas now have tactical bows and cost 26 points and have DA ccw (but totally lose the EXP ccw loadout L). Because of this I’ve been playing with Vanilla Yu Jing using only the profiles that exist.



This, alas, does mean using proxies but holy crap it’s a lot of fun to play as Vanilla Yu Jing! And I haven’t even started using some of the serious His (Dao Fei and Hac Tao) that they possess. All of this is making me want to start playing Vanilla Yu Jing over JSA (which is awkward…kinda).

4 Wu Ming, a Shaolin and the support guys, some Zhanshi, a couple of basic REMs, two Tiger Soldiers and a Ninja...
All the valid Yu Jing!!!
Note I have more that I can use as proxies (Celestial guard, Bao, Shang Ji


My favourite unit has to be the Tiger Soldiers.
Boarding Shotgun and Combi/light flamer
The no longer Valid Kao Dali and HMG


Even with N2 I used Yu Jing a few times for a bit of a laugh and holy crap are they awesome! My mate Daboarder is scared of these guys as every time one drops it’s taken out an entire flank or rear guard units, and popping it in cover gives it a straight up -6MOD meaning they are difficult to dislodge. With N3 and the shorter HMG neg MOD it becomes viable to sneak up on total reaction REMs with a boarding shotgun and just lay waste!

Soon to be Tiger Soldier Sculpt

Alongside that there are a lot of new interesting changes to N3, one being close combat (which I actually haven’t gotten a chance to use yet) which will be great for JSA when the profiles are updated. Another serious over haul is hacking, something I should try in my next game in conjunction with a REM or two (1 order for an upgrade of a total reaction HMG REM to have marksman lvl2 for two turns sounds nice).



One really interesting thing IMO is the Saturation rules, which reduce burst. Other than nimbus grenades (new addition too), forest/trees have this rule, meaning that if you are firing through trees your burst is reduced, along with a -3MOD! Add this to our house rule of not being able to see through 2 lots of trees and now attacking out of trees isn’t a smart idea!



And finally getting back to my little boarding shotgun Tiger soldier, those hit by template weapons don’t get cover ARM bonus’ anymore! I can’t wait to do this with my Domaru kill squads with chain rifles going left and right!
Old School Tiger Soldier

Anywho, I guess the point of this post is saying that I’m going to start moving into Vanilla Yu Jing with N3 and see how things go!!!


Cheers!
dulydude

3 comments:

  1. Yeah yeah, you just wait, I know I have all the tools to kill that pesky little tiger twerp, I just keep positioning/moving badly and leaving myself open. So enjoy it while it lasts until I force feed you my Jotum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will enjoy it! But with the Jotum and the changes to hacking and etc I wouldn't put all my faith in the Jotum. Also there's now the new Yu Jing HI with all the standard TAG weapons...give that the HMC, put him on suppression and you will have to seriously firing at him as you get a -3MOD to your BS

      Delete