20150119

UD12 Chickenhawk



So there’s this cool Spanish guy called Topo who in the early days of Infinity made a whole lot of paper models for the game <here>, and they became so popular that some of them are official Infinity paper craft models for game play (such as the Airwagon). Hell, my board is of his design!


And recently we had a fairwell N2 day at the FLGS, so I decided that we needed a special Zombie scenario. I found a small 3 part campaign for up to 8 players and was all like YES I am so doing that! Issue was is that I needed a dropship for the last 2 missions. And I remembered Topo has one;

http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/chickenhawk.html
...and so I built one!!!
Ho...
...ley...
..Crap!!!

And holy crap is it a beast! It took the better part of an afternoon/evening (Christmas eve to be exact) to make, and I didn’t even use all the parts. Oh and this is also the first ever paper craft model I ever built so I think I've done a pretty decent job with it.
yeah it's big
And the right size for 28mm True or Heroic too
Here's the rear door
And cause it's big here a Defender Cobra for scale!
And everyone else thought it was pretty awesome too! It ended up serving as a centre piece on one of the boards set up for the day...and the zombie scenario went down well as well (I died a horrible death at the hand of a zombie while trying to save a civilian).

And I just had to include a diorama too...
JSA troopers slowly exit the Chickhawk and begin their search for any potential surviors
Cheers!
dulydude


2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! It reminds me of an awesome (now cancelled) TV show...

    "Burn the land, boil the sea - you can't the skies from me..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! It went down really well on the day for the scenario (the pilot was pretty bad at landing though!)
      I think that might be some of the main inspiration for the design...so glad I built it!

      Delete