20131101

In the beginning...


...there was a...hmmm...8 year old kid who discovered Warhammer 40K?

Oh that opening sucks, too cliché, bland, and kind of meh, lets ignore the back story for the time being.

So I'm dulydude and this is my first attempt and a blog of any real form, and it was about time that I should start one as well. So at this stage I've been on and off gaming since I was about 13 years now. We don't talk about the early years as I didn't understand the concept of thinning paints and I was frankly more into the lore of 40K than the game itself! I kind of stopped collecting after 2004 till about the middle of Uni when I discovered AT-43 and Epic 40K. Since Uni ended I've collected a whole heap of AT-43, some Epic, a bit of Warmaster and I've been playing Necromunda, Mordheim and recently got into Infinity.
 
Ah, AT-43...pity no one plays it!
 So this blog is really just going to be tracking my projects, hopefully getting people's input on direction and advice, and motivation to finish projects!!! And to begin it all, I should start with one of the important parts of any wargamer, their personal table top!



Bit of background, while Mordheim was the first game that I properly got into, and Necromunda the second, Necromunda is the one I wanted to start my own Terrain project for, mostly because I could reuse the terrain for AT-43 (if anyone in Sydney still plays!!! hahaha). So I did some hunting and found this guy; Toposolitario. Which flowed onto this:



I saw this and thought it was perfect for Necromunda; Industrial themed board that  fits into the Necromunda lore and has a repeating shape to make bigger. Here however was my issue, I needed to make it fill a 4'x4' and I'm not a fan of the angle. Thus I needed an image editing program and I can't use photoshop! In walked my girlfriend (who is amazing with graphic design) and created a 4'x4' version of it, and also flipped it such that the roads where parallel with the edges. Then onto her father, an artist, who got it mounted onto two 2'x4' 6mm thick mdf boards for stability and storage. And finally my dad who got some protective mats for it! And all of a sudden I had this:

YAY 4'x4' of mdf and glossy paper! And you
can even see the green matt underneath it!
Another snazzy angle!

A nice zoomed in image, you can also see the half way split at 2'
Will make knowing the battle centre line easier.
 And there you have it! My board. What a good way to start a blog! In the coming posts I'll be posting more stuff on Infinity and Necromunda. And if I'm lucky, at some point the Mordheim will start showing up!

Cheers!
dulydude

No comments:

Post a Comment