20131104

Necromunda Terrain Part 1




So as anyone knows, Necromunda (and most skirmish games for that matter) require a lot of terrain, and not just buildings but also a lot of scatter terrain to allow cover for models to move around, but still enable people to shoot. So this will be the first post in a series about Scatter Terrain for Necromunda.

The goal will be to have a variety of terrain elements; rubble, barriers, cargo boxes, etc, most of which will be made using GW parts because I appear to have stocked piled them, and well they’re the right scale anyway. I’m also using some Jersey Barriers from Secret Weapon miniatures because they will fit in with the roads of my board.

So I might have stocked piled a lot of these...
well the barrels and tank traps anyway!!!

First up in my scatter terrain project I have some Jersey barriers. These are the ruined ones that you get from Secret Weapon Miniatures. You get 5 barriers in a pack (so I bought 2…what...they were on special!), and one of the ruined ones has actually been split in two. To make things easier I decided to mount them on plasticard. I’ll base them when I get a chance. Also may I introduce Cypher; my Delaque shotgun ganger who will be stepping in as my scale guy! Currently he’s in a Necromunda campaign I’m running and has been shot the most number of times (however has no injuries thus far…he’s good at getting flesh wounds!)



And here's Cypher, most shot at ganger in the Campaign!!!

And here's him behind the barrier, a good old -2 to hit!


For the record I actually already have a whole heap of low walls like this from my AT-43 collection, however they don't look...ruined enough. They're also fairly wide, and probably look better in Infinity. But that's for another time.

AT-43 Container and low walls...last count I have 22 low walls,
10 high walls (not pictured) and 14 containers.


Next up I’ve got the rubble scatter terrain elements, and unlike the Jersey barriers these ones had a lot of thought go into them (despite what they really are!). One thing about Necromunda is that there’s soft cover, and I wanted some that would always be soft cover, but also something that you could easily walk over (and also count as difficult terrain). So I chopped up some spare spures I acquired, and placed it out in this manner. It provides soft cover and allows you to walk over it, all it needs is some proper basing and away it goes!

Cheap and effective terrain! Hopefully it'll come up nice when I finish!

Close up of one

Good old Cypher, this time at -1 to hit...better than nothing IMO

This is how close he is standing
Next time I should have some more scatter made up, and these guys based!

Cheers!
dulydude

No comments:

Post a Comment