20140519

Last Saga Kickstarter



I’m back! But this isn’t the post that I wanted it to be as there is something else I thought I might post to get me back into the swing of things.



Much like my last post which was a kickstarter (that I backed, and I’m getting all the factions apparently…where the hell will I store them?!), there’s another kickstarter that has peaked my interested; Last Saga.
 

So this is a sci-fi setting, with sculpts 3D renders that look on par to Infinity but will possibly be the same scale as Infinity. Also the Council weapons have a strange similarity to Nomad weapons (looking at you combi rifle!).

The only model so far! And it's true scale too!

Just look at that Battle rifle and then look at a Nomad combi
Separated at birth?!

Brief run down; two factions so far, the Council (humans), and the Uruthvel (aliens who’s women do not wear that much apparently), small scale skirmish play (6-15 models), alternative activation I believe and a lot of counter flipping! Rules seem ok from the outset, but the vibe I’m getting is a lot of people want the Council models for Infinity!

Council Fusilier and KS exclusive Manticore
Uruthvel Officer and Undaunted
Hell, I want them for a Merc unit! Been having issues though as to what profiles to give the Fusiliers, either PanO Fusiliers, or Bolts, or maybe Celestial Guard.

So we have a Phantom, 3 Fusiliers, an Officer and a Manticore
OR
We have a Hexa, 3 Fusiliers/Bolts/non specific merc goons, an Officer and unsure

As far as skirmish games go and models for that matter, these guys are coming off pretty cheaply, so there might be a bargain in here!  As in the starter set for the Council faction above is only £18!

I have two issues though:
·         Bar the civilian, who looks awesome and I plan on getting, there are no other sculpts at this stage, they really should have the sculpts for a few more for a miniature kickstarter (which defeats the purpose of kickstarter but oh well)
·         The Uruthvel are just too scantily clad for my likings, plus the men are heavily armoured. They just feel a little inappropriate. Maybe if the men wore less? Maybe if the model has more armour on it? Don’t know, but I have a feeling not many of them are going to ship.

That’s just my opinion anyway! And as far as I can tell, more sculpts are in coming too. Oh and they’ve already been fully funded, and expecting to ship in November (so January right?!).

Cheers!
dulydude
 

No comments:

Post a Comment